Tuesday 15 November 2011

T Minus 4 days until team departure

Hello Everyone:

Thank you for taking the time to follow the Third World Eyecare Society's (TWECS) Eyecare project to the Chinandega area in Northern Nicaragua.

My name is David and my wife is Sue.  Together we will try to document on a daily basis the happenings of the project.  I have been on several projects with TWECS and this will be Sue's first.  I hope that we will be able to bring a first timers perspective on the project, as well as a no so first timers.  We will also try to post submissions from as many team members as possible.

A huge Thank You to all the Sponsors, all the Volunteers, all who will be travelling and especially to Marina, Derrick and Family.  Without Marina and Derrick and their Children's support, 65,000 people would not have been helped by TWECS.

4 DAYS UNTIL TEAM DEPARTURE

Hi Everyone:
We finished packing all the boxes all 26 of them!!!  It took many hours and many hands and a great warehouse coordinator....that's Alf Vogel.  Alf is a TWECS director who has been on many TWECS projects and who is always at the warehouse every Monday evenings rain or shine.  He was there through out all the sorting and the packing for this project. He did a great job organizing the whole process. Unfortunately he won't be joining us on this project.  Thank you Alf!! for all you do for TWECS and the warehouse.

- Marina Roma-March

3 comments:

  1. Hello! My name is Sue Sakaki. So very excited to experience my first trip with the TWECS team! Hours away from departing with the preliminary team set to finalize documentation in Nicaragua!
    I personally have waited 18 years for this. My husband, David, travelled on his first TWECS project in 1994...

    ReplyDelete
  2. VOSH/International wishes TWECS a productive and meaningful eye campaign in Nicaragua. Your day to day activities will be monitored on http://www.vosh.org/ Nov 19-28, 2011

    Harry I Zeltzer, OD, DOS, FAAO, FVI
    Executive Director
    VOSH/International

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty much packed and ready to go! Thanks to all our patients that donated glasses and helped in our fundraisers. This is my fourth TWECS trip and hoping for it to be the best one yet. I am looking forward to playing soccer with the village kids after clinic.

    Trevor Miranda O.D.

    ReplyDelete